cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: AW: postgres, idle in transaction
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 08:30:19 GMT
Hello.

I am using cayenne with PostgreSQL, but have not seen this problem.
Are you using a new PostgreSQL release and and a jdbc-driver matching
that version? Search http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html has one
bugfix related to this from back in 2004.

In a (old) non-cayenne environment I have had some problems with
connections not properly closed after use. I tracked down that
problem by saving the stacktrace (new Exception()) and a timestamp
every time a Connection is required. That way I had a register over
all Connections and was able to find the ones that was not closed
after use.

Could you try to create a small example that reproduce this problem?

  - Tore.