cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: AW: AW: postgres, idle in transaction
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:47:13 GMT

On Apr 26, 2007, at 1:14 PM, Oilid Adsi wrote:

> Or maybe by adding an explicit "COMMIT" after every SELECT-
> Statement when the connection will be returned to the pool? Can
> this implemented as an optional function to the Cayenne framework?

Per your comment the patch doing "rollback" didn't help, why do you
think "commit" should help? Commit and rollback both terminate a
transaction.

http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2007/04/0159.html

But if you want to explore various scenarios, Cayenne allows you to
plug a custom implementation of DataSource via the DataSourceFactory
mechanism. So you don't need to patch Cayenne, but instead you can
write a custom DataSource (based on Cayenne or DBCP library, or do it
from scratch) to do any pre- or post- processing of connections
checked in or out of the pool.

If you get to the cause of it, please share. Unfortunately I am out
of ideas regarding this issue.

Andrus