cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael K <m_les...@yahoo.com>
Subject Calling MySql Stored Procedure return no resultset
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 10:45:56 GMT
Hi,

I've written a stored procedure in mysql db that execute some join queries.

Here is my sample stored procedure look like:

DELIMITER $$

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `schooler`.`SearchDD` $$
CREATE PROCEDURE `SearchDD`(IN userInput varchar(200))
BEGIN
  CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE sp_mysrctoc12
  SELECT sourceTable.id as source_id,sourceTable.topic_name,sourceTable.tid as source_tid,targetTable.topic_name
as parent_name,
  sourceTable.scope as source_scope,sourceTable.st_timestamp,sourceTable.tid_table_name as
source_tid_table_name,sourceTable.storage_id as source_storage_id,sourceTable.storage_label
as source_storage_label
  FROM mk_search_topics as sourceTable inner join mk_search_topic_association as association
on
   sourceTable.id = association.search_topic_id inner join mk_search_topics as targetTable
on
   targetTable.id = association.target_topic_id
  where sourceTable.is_root_topic=0
  and targetTable.is_root_topic=1
  and sourceTable.storage_label = userInput;

select source_id,topic_name,parent_name,relevance,source_tid,source_tid_table_name,source_storage_id,source_storage_label
  from sp_mysrctoc12 group by parent_name order by topic_name desc;

  DROP TABLE sp_mysrctoc12;

END $$

DELIMITER ;

Then I mapped the above stored procedure to Cayenne using modeller with one input parameter
defined as userInput varchar(200). I also created DBEntity and ObjEntity with readOnly set
to true.
In my java code, I wrote something like this:

DataContext ctxt = sSession.getDataContext();
ProcedureQuery query = new ProcedureQuery("SearchDD");
query.addParameter("userInput","abcdef");
List rows = ctxt.performQuery(query);
// Display the row size
System.out.println("row size: "+row.size());

When I run the code in web application, it prints out 'row size: 0'.
I executed the same stored procedure with the same parameter in mysql command line, it returned
4 rows.
I wonder if this has something to do with accessing temporary table in multithreaded environment.

I'm currently using Cayenne version 2.0.2 running jdk 1.5, mysql 5.0.18 with jconnector 5.0.5.

Please help.

Thanks,
Michael

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time