cayenne-user mailing list archives

From peter karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Temporary Objects
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:41:50 GMT
Hallo Mike,

thank you for your reply.

> I don't think you're going to find a good solution
> to this problem.
It's a pity...

> Here's one thing you can try, though.
> Keep in your Entity classes two lists of objects.
> Add a second
> "non-persistent" list for managing your
> non-persistent objects in
> addition to the standard one for persistent objects.
>   Then change
> your accessors so that they merge both lists and
> return that as the
> result.
>
> Thus, your app will see the merged list, but the
> Cayenne layer would
> only see the persistent object lists.
Sorry, I can't follow the whole of your explanation.
I understand that I would need merging of persistent
and nonpersistent objects.
But the problem is, that I have to do the following:
persistentObj.addToManyTarget(nonpersistentObj,
"misc", false);
and
nonpersistentObj.setToOneTarget(persistentObj, "misc",
false);

I have to think about it again,
Peter Karich.