cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Testing on Sybase
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 12:36:46 GMT
I just ran Cayenne unit test suite against Sybase ASE 12.5.3 (Mac OS
X edition). The tests pass, although Sybase quickly runs out of
transaction log space, printing the following message in the log:

00:00000:00004:2007/04/08 08:19:21.13 server  1 task(s) are sleeping
waiting for space to become available in the log segment for database
cayenne.

This hangs the application. To unstuck it I had to log in to jISQL
and execute the following SQL command, the application resumes and
completes successfully:

   dump transaction cayenne with no_log

I don't know if this information is of any relevance to what Jerome
is doing, but can you possibly look in the Sybase logs to see what's
going on on the Sybase server?

Andrus