cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: postgres, idle in transaction
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:24:21 GMT
Hi Peter,

Thanks for reporting the details of the issue. I just ran a few
select queries in debugger to confirm that even select queries commit
the transaction before returning connection to the pool (they do).
So, just to doublecheck:

* Do you have other code outside Cayenne using the same connection pool?
* Are you using external transactions (i.e. is "Container Managed
Transactions" checkbox is checked)? (I don't think you've mentioned
this earlier in this thread?)

But anyways, I think regardless of whether Cayenne leaks (something I
still can't confirm) or not, I think we should log this as a bug in
Cayenne connection pool, and ensure that all connections returned to
the pool are rolled back by the PoolManager. Could you please log a
bug report in Jira [1].

Also could you possibly switch the DataSource to DBCP [2] and see if
that DBCP DataSource does the right thing? This may be an easier/
cleaner workaround than committing before queries.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/
[2] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/dbcpdatasourcefactory.html

Thanks
Andrus