cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Querymetadata
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:03:47 GMT
While tweaking QueryMetadata is often useful for custom queries, in
this case it is not needed. Two most-often used concrete query
classes, SelectQuery and SQLTemplate, define 'setFetchLimit' method
and 'setPageSize' method.

More on QueryMetadata... It is intended for Cayenne runtime to make
sense of an unknown query, not for query configuration. So usually
each concrete query provides setters for the subset of parameters
that make sense for this query, and then the query itself generates
appropriate metadata, hiding many details from the users.

Andrus