cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Lepine" <mikelep...@gmail.com>
Subject identity tables
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:20:08 GMT
Hello all. I am a fairly new user of Cayenne and am trying to get more
familiar with the API and modeler. My question deals with an identity table.
I have not seen any documentation (or examples in the documentation) dealing
with this issue, which is why I'm posting to the list.

As an example, let's say I have three tables: city, state and city_state,
where the city_state table is merely an identity table composed of foreign
keys to the city and state tables.

In my application, if I know the primary key for a state record, what would
be the best way to retrieve all the city records associated with it?

Thanks for any advice.

- Mike