cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne validation
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:05:11 GMT

On 15/03/2007, at 6:38 AM, syrinx wrote:

> For example, if I try to commit an object with a missing "mandatory
> field",
> I get a ValidationException.  From that exception I can access a
> BeanValidationFailure object which contains the details of the
> validation
> error (description, source, attribute).  The thing is that I would
> like to
> change the generic error messages (ex: field cannot be empty, field
> exceeds
> maximum allowed length) thrown by cayenne and these messages seem
> to be hard
> coded in the sources.
>
> Is there a "clean way" to customize those messages?

Write your own validateForSave functions within the object entity
subclass which return any validation message you want.

if (getLastName() == null || getLastName().trim().length() == 0) {
	result.addFailure(ValidationFailure.validationFailure(this,
Student.LAST_NAME_PROPERTY,
		"You must enter a student last name."));
}

Ari Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8