cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: "PK Generation Strategy: Database-Generated" doesn't work
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:22:14 GMT
Hi Manuel,

Per http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/generated-columns.html DB-generated
pk depends on support of this feature by the underlying JDBC driver.
Our testing showed that it only works in MySQL, Derby and SQLServer.
For HSQLDB this feature is turned off (I just tried it on HSQL
1.8.0.4 - the driver support isn't there), so Cayenne behavior is to
fail over to the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT lookup table.

As auto-increment feature makes it to other JDBC drivers (including
HSQL), we'll turn it on in Cayenne accordingly.

Andrus