cayenne-user mailing list archives

From syrinx <syrinx2...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne validation
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:38:35 GMT

Hello,

I have just started "playing around" with Cayenne a couple weeks ago, so in
other words I am a rookie.  I am happy with the product so far, but I cannot
figure out how to use the data validation properly.

For example, if I try to commit an object with a missing "mandatory field",
I get a ValidationException.  From that exception I can access a
BeanValidationFailure object which contains the details of the validation
error (description, source, attribute).  The thing is that I would like to
change the generic error messages (ex: field cannot be empty, field exceeds
maximum allowed length) thrown by cayenne and these messages seem to be hard
coded in the sources.

Is there a "clean way" to customize those messages?

Thanks for your help.