cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Temporary Objects
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:44:11 GMT
I'm missing something.  I don't understand why you don't do something
along these lines.

nonpersistentObject.setObjectId(new Timestamp());

You don't have to use the same kinds of object ids for your
non-persistent objects, and using a different type will guarantee that
a persistent and non-persistent object will never be equal to each
other.