cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Mittendorf <christian.mittend...@freenet.de>
Subject Running a query over multiple Databases?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:26:02 GMT
Hi!

I've found the mutiple database example on cayennes homepage:

http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/multiple-databases-example.html

That example is a pretty good resemblance of our current problem.

What we would like to do is to run a single query over both
databases, like i.e.

SelectQuery select = new SelectQuery(Person.class);
Expression expression = ExpressionFactory.matchExp
(Person.DEPARTMENT_PROPERTY +
	"." + Department.NAME_PROPERTY, "IT Department");

But such a query runs into an exception with the following error
message:

Base table or view not found,  message from server: "Table 'foo.bar'
doesn't exist"

Are such queries supported by Cayenne or do we have to split the task
into
two single queries?

Christian