cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Skladaniec <mar...@ish.com.au>
Subject deleting a record and validation
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:43:45 GMT
Hi

I use remote persistence, and I have a dozen objects in the context,
and I would like to try to check if one of them can be deleted.
Can I just call recordToBeDeleted.validateForDelete() before I call
context.deleteRecord( recordToBeDeleted ) ?
 From my understanding context.deleteRecord will propagate through
the relationships which are set to cascade, deleting related records
as well, and therefore possibly altering the validation result. Or
does cascading happens on server during the commit ?

Marcin