cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Summer of Code 2007
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:21:51 GMT
I overlooked the start of the Google Summer of Code program this
year, but it is not too late yet for the students and mentors to sign
up. See the details here:

http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007

Interested Students:

Summer of Code is a program sponsored by Google that allows students
to make money while working on open source projects. Cayenne
participated last year - we mentored three projects. Please read the
instructions and submit your proposal if you are interested and able
to contribute to Cayenne.

It is a good idea to introduce and "sell" your proposal on Cayenne
dev list, if you want to find a dedicated mentor. I won't speak for
other potential mentors, only for myself, but from the last year
experience, I will only sign to mentor a proposal that helps us to
advance features we are currently working on, such as JPA support. I
would really hate to see any more wasted effort and abandoned code.
But again, that's me :-)

Please feel free to ask questions.

Cayenne Committers:

If anybody wants to (and thinks he realistically can) mentor a
project this year, please sign up asap following the instructions above.

Andrus