cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder <Peter.Schroe...@freenet-ag.de>
Subject AW: AW: Store BitSet
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:26:45 GMT
hi peter :-)

this is the exact same way we use it to store generic serializable java-objects in our db.

//is closing necessary: (?)
o.close();

YES, you should always close streams. its almost done bye the runtime, but you cannot be sure.

kind regards
peter

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Peter Karich [mailto:peathal@yahoo.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 9. März 2007 21:41
An: user@cayenne.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Store BitSet

Hi, Peter Schröder!

> you may use
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/io/ObjectOutputStream.html
> to serialize any given object. but i guess thats not what you want.
Ah thank you! with the addition of ByteArrayOutputStream it is very easy:

//writing:
ObjectOutputStream oos = new ObjectOutputStream(baos);
oos.writeObject(new BitSet());
oos.close();
byte array[] = baos.toByteArray();
writeProperty(BIT_SET_PROPERTY, array);

//reading:
ByteArrayInputStream bais = new
	ByteArrayInputStream((byte[])readProperty(BIT_SET_PROPERTY));

ObjectInputStream o = new ObjectInputStream(bais);
BitSet date = (BitSet) o.readObject();

//is closing necessary: (?)
o.close();

Thank you again and sorry for this not-cayenne-related question,

Peter Karich.