cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Temporary Objects
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:40:51 GMT
Thank you both Mike and Bryan!

Mike Kienenberger schrieb:
> What about creating and setting your own ObjectID values for your
> non-persistent components?

Yes, I though about that, but the persistent objects should also have
this sort of ID. But then I need a database stored counter to avoid that
the objectID starts from 0 on every new program start. And so the
database generated ID would make this job.

Bryan Maine schrieb:
> Anyway, if you need to do it, this code works: ...

This sort of code works fine. The problem is that it only works with
persistent objects...

Hmmh,
through the discussion I think I should NOT use the ID's!

So if the following is true under ALL circumstances (get the objects
from different context or sth.) then I am satisfied:

if "obj1 == obj2" then "pk(obj1) == pk(obj2)"

AND if "pk(obj1) == pk(obj2)" then "obj1 == obj2".

I think the first line is always true, what about the second?
Then I can create a SimilarEntry which holds a TimeInterval and
"overloads" the equals method by comparing by the pointers ("obj1 ==
obj2") and do not need the ID's.

Thank you,
Peter Karich.