cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Thiemann <manut...@web.de>
Subject PK Generation Strategy: Database-Generated doesn't work
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 22:07:11 GMT
Hello,

I just started playing a bit with Cayenne. Therefore I created a table
and set "Primary Key Generation Strategy" to "Database-Generated" and
the "Auto Increment" field to "ID (INTEGER)" which is the column defined
as Primary Key at the attributes tab. However when I try to insert a row
in my test program I get an exception because I don't have a
AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table. But as far as I understand I don't not need this
table if primary keys are generated by the database itself. Is there
something else I have to configure to not need to have that table (It
works fine if I create that table via "Generate Database Schema" but I
would prefer to have the database doing that primary key stuff)?

Thanx for help.

Manuel