cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Temporary Objects
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:13:47 GMT

On 27/03/2007, at 5:55 AM, Peter Karich wrote:

> How can I get the next autogenerated ID for a special
> table from cayenne? Because I want that even unregistered objects can
> have an ID.

Objects will only be given their primary key after they are committed
to the database. However 9 times out of 10, users new to Cayenne who
want to use the pk for something find that there is a better way
which doesn't involve using the primary key. What do you want to do
with the pk?

Ari Maniatis

Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8