cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Nick Peeples" <nick.peep...@gmail.com>
Subject Inheritance not resolving
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:18:08 GMT
I am relatively new to Cayenne, but have run into a recent problem. I
am using the single-table inheritance method, and I have a few
subclasses of a generic object. According to the docs and wiki, by
default they will be generated into the lowest possible subclass, but
this doesn't seem to be happening. I can create them just fine, the
qualifiers are all setup, but when I attempt a query,
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc20/handling-inheritance.html, for the
generic class, they are not resolving. The qualifier is being set
correctly in the database.

I am fully happy to attempt to solve this, but I don't have the
slightest where to start. So I guess my question is, where would I
start, or did i miss some obscure setting that I forgot to set?

Thank you,
Nick

ps - setResolvingInheritance(true) doesn't help... but as far as docs
it is the default, so I didn't expect much.