cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: cayenne with jetty6
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:48:41 GMT
Hi Peter,

[I stripped message that you quote, since it has no relation to the
topic you started.]

> perhaps someone could add the docs http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/
> tutorial-webapp.html with some usefull information about jetty6.

I don't think this is Jetty6-related at all.

> even with including all dependencies to the jetty-plugin i failed
> to use the jndi-backup-mechanism, wich i use successfully witch the
> jetty-launcher.

Anything is printed on the console during startup that can shed the
light on the problem?

A few things can go wrong:

* cayenne-modeler.jar and hsqldb.jar can be missing from dependencies
(although your message implies they are not)

* Sometimes local preferences database gets corrupted (it is a long-
standing issue that requires some serious modeler rework, switching
from HSQLDB to Derby or something else more reliable). The workaround
is to delete the preferences directory ($HOME/.cayenne/prefs), and
recreate the data sources from scratch.

Andrus