cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANN] New Web Site
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 08:23:06 GMT
Ah, now I understand. It isn't that the links are broken, just that
they don't exist! I had to go through by hand and update all the
links in the 3.0 docs and it is quite time consuming. We didn't want
to use the built-in "child pages" list since Confluence has no sense
of page order (other than alphabetical) and in many places page order
is important when listing child pages. Hopefully this will be
implemented in Confluence soon. Go and vote for it if you like:
http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1031

I'll try to update at least the 2.0 docs, but it is pretty time
consuming and my week aheads looks to be a busy one. In the meantime,
I've added to the top of each guide a full list of all children in
that guide. Not perfect since it is in alphabetical order rather than
logical order, but better than nothing. It may take up to an hour to
appear on the live site.

Ari Maniatis

On 04/02/2007, at 3:25 PM, Ryan Holmes wrote:

> Yeah, the problem is in the version 2.0 and 1.2 documentation. For
> instance, if you click on Version 2.0 -> User Guide -> Deployment,
> there is no "Sections" area at the bottom with links to child
> pages, as there is in the 3.0 documentation.
>
> Sorry if my initial post was vague.
>
> -Ryan
>
> On Feb 3, 2007, at 8:10 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>
>> I'm clicking on links everywhere through the docs, but nothing
>> seems broken. Can you give an example of one page with a broken
>> link on it and I'll get onto fixing it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Ari Maniatis
>>

>> On 04/02/2007, at 2:03 PM, Ryan Holmes wrote:
>>
>>> Looks great! Unfortunately, the documentation seems to be broken.
>>> Looks like only top-level pages are reachable through the
>>> submenus but no child pages (or am I just dense?).
>>>
>>> -Ryan

>> ish
>> http://www.ish.com.au
>> Level 1, 30 Wilson Street Newtown 2042 Australia
>> phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001