cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Schröder <Peter.Schroe...@freenet-ag.de>
Subject AW: cayenne with jetty6
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 16:19:06 GMT
hi andrus,

there must be a different handling of the dependencies in eclipse-jetty-launcher and the maven-jetty
plugin.

if i run my app with jetty:run i get exceptions like:

2007-02-13 17:09:34.922::WARN:  failed CayenneFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/ReferenceMap
	at org.objectstyle.cayenne.event.EventSubject.<clinit>(EventSubject.java:82)
	at org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.DbRelationship.<clinit>(DbRelationship.java:85)
	at org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.MapLoader.processStartDbRelationship(MapLoader.java:556)
	at org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.MapLoader.startElement(MapLoader.java:265)

i figured out, that one can add dependencies to the plugin, so i added all missing jars there
(wich are already defined as dependencies in my pom) like this:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
        <dependencies>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.objectstyle.cayenne</groupId>
            <artifactId>cayenne-nodeps</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
            <version>2.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
            <version>3.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>org.objectstyle.cayenne</groupId>
            <artifactId>cayenne-modeler</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.1</version>
          </dependency>
          <dependency>
            <groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
            <artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
            <version>1.8.0.1</version>
          </dependency>
          [...]
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>

after that jetty:run started without class-cast exception. instead cayenne could not find
the jndi-resources.

the hsqldb-files are working, cause i still can start the app using the jetty-launcher-plugin
without any problem...

:-(