cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject OutOfMemoryErrors
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:57:20 GMT
Frank,

thanks for confirming the fix. Also please send a message with a
different subject whenever you start a new topic (I changed the reply
subject to reflect the changing topic).

Now, OutOfMemoryErrors... There are two ways to address them:

1. increase the available heap size:

http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2005/10/0098.html

2. use less memory. i.e. check how many objects your queries return.
If it is in the tens or hundreds of thousands you may need to think
of redesigning your app or use result iterator, or paginated queries,
whichever is more appropriate in your case:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/iterating-through-data-rows.html
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/paginated-queries.html

Andrus