cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robe...@puregumption.com>
Subject "map" properties?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:14:19 GMT
Currently (to the best of my knowledge), cayenne always represents a
to-many relationship as a java.util.List. However, I was thinking it
would be nifty if cayenne supported map-representations of to-many
relationships. For instance, you could model a relationship between
Users and UserPreferences as a map, and specify the "name" property of
the UserPreferences table as the map key.  Does that make sense? Am I
the only one who thinks that would be incredibly useful? :) Is something
like this already planned for 3.0?
If other people would find it useful, then I'd be happy to submit a
feature request and also work up a patch.

Robert