cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Tomi N/A" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence and inheritance : a noob question
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:45:43 GMT
2006/12/1, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>:
> Performance wise, single-table inheritance is the winner, while
> multiple table inheritance (vertical usually with one common table
> and a specific table per class) is the most flexible solution IMO, so
> both have their uses.

At the moment, I'm not that concerned about performance: it's more
that I feel rather limited by the framework, now that I've gotten used
to doing everything with it. :)
There will be situations where multitable inheritence will be a
necessity so I'm trying to plan in advance.

> Cayenne currently supports the first scenario, and will support the
> second in 3.0 (haven't tried current composite vertical inheritance
> workaround myself, so I can't comment on it).

Is there a due date...or a due week...month...year?

Cheers,
t.n.a.