cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject types.xml, psql and oid/bytea
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:13:49 GMT
Hello.

I want to try out Slony-I replication solution for PostgreSQL. It
does not handle oid-blobs, so I must use bytea instead. This is okay
as my blobs are not that big.

PostgreSQL has a blob problem.. If the blob in the database are
bytea, you must use setBytes/getBytes. If it is oid blob, then you
must use setBlob, getBlob. cayenne ByteArrayType handle this with the
usingBlob parameter.

Some time ago, cayenne switched from bytea to oid blob as a default
blob data type. That was a good choice, but makes replication
solutions like Slony-I and Sequoia difficult to implement.

I want to be able to run the PostgresAdapter with bytea as blob type.
Should I create my own local sublcass of cayenne PostgresAdapter with
its own types.xml or is there a better way?

  - Tore.