cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Peter Karich <peat...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Delete rules
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 20:26:47 GMT
Hallo!

Before I get the NPE in the setToManyTarget
(please see the 'NullPointerException when setting deletion rules' thread)

I get one in setToOneTarget, because I have the 'No Action'-delete rule
for the relationship timeintervals->room.
So I vote for 'Nullify' action :-), this avoids the NPE ...
But we should highlight the phrase in the docs:

"Though this is a default (the 'No Action'), it is not very useful, and
can lead to object graph corruption in many cases. It is developer
responsibility to select a more meaningful delete rule."

Peter.