cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Persistence and inheritance : a noob question
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:13:26 GMT
Performance wise, single-table inheritance is the winner, while
multiple table inheritance (vertical usually with one common table
and a specific table per class) is the most flexible solution IMO, so
both have their uses.

Cayenne currently supports the first scenario, and will support the
second in 3.0 (haven't tried current composite vertical inheritance
workaround myself, so I can't comment on it).

Andrus