cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Gentry" <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Cayenne withTomcat gives ClassCastException
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 19:54:14 GMT
I never got that when I used Tomcat with Tapestry.  How are you
starting Tomcat up?  I always used the Tomcat plugin for Eclipse and
it worked pretty well.  Another option for development is to use
Jetty/Jetty Launcher/Eclipse.  Jetty starts up much faster.  As for
hot code replacement, it works pretty well as long as I edit inside a
method.  It fails if I add class instance variables or modify the
method's signature.

/dev/mrg

On 11/1/06, John <mmmmmmmmm53@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Cayenne with Tapestry and tomcat.
>
> I fetch data from the DB using Cayenne The application runs well until I make change
on the Java file like Home.java I have to restart TOMCAT new. Restarting the Application doesnot
solve the problem.