cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Tomi NA" <hef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [OT] Visual Paradigm
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:30:51 GMT
2006/11/18, Michael Gentry <blacknext@gmail.com>:
> I wasn't trying to disparage the graphical tools.  They certainly have
> value.  For the schema I work on, though, you'd need 2 30" monitors
> (and I only have a 17") to hold just a fraction of the schema in a
> graphical representation, so it doesn't work too well for me.  Even
> when printed out from within another tool using large plotter paper,
> it is hard to find things (I don't grep on paper very well).  Speaking
> of grep, I wonder if I ever opened that ticket to add a find function
> in the modeler...to me that would be useful (and much easier to add).
>
> Thanks!

Actually, I regularly find I'm only interested in a small part of the
model which is best found the way you described it - with a search. A
find-as-you-type style of navigation in a model consisting of dozens
or hundreds of tables would be even better to switch from table to
table.
Viewing tables at a specified number of hops from a selected table
would also be of great use: you simply ignore everything outside of
your point of interest.

Cheers,
t.n.a..