cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Skladaniec <mar...@ish.com.au>
Subject flattened relationship updating
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:36:48 GMT
Hello

I have a schema which goes something like this:

Gallery (one)->(many) Artist (one)-> (many) Paintings

I access the Paintings very often from the Gallery, and to make my
life easier I have flattened the relationship :
Gallery (one) -> (many) Paintings

Now when the relationships are not changing everything is ok, but
when I alter the Artist -> Paintings relationship Gallery -> Painting
does not notice it, and still displays the old list. Is it my fault,
and I should not do flattening like this, should I do some kind of
refresh, or is it a minor bug in cayenne ?

Regards
Marcin