cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hjortsberg" ...@x-change.se>
Subject Re: Docs and some questions
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:22:43 GMT
Hello,
  That is probably the way to  go. I have been looking at bit at the project.

  To whom it may concern
  http://www.jgroups.org/javagroupsnew/docs/hsqldbr.html

Regards

  /Andreas

  From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
To: cayenne-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:50:13 +0100
Subject: Re: Docs and some questions

Looks like you need to synchronize local databases rather than
  DataContexts (which would be a secondary concern in this situation).
  Synchronzing contexts (the default implementation at least) only
  works if all of them are connected to the same database. I.e. if DC1
  in APP1 commits its changes and DC2 in APP2 receives an event for
  this commit, DC2 will refresh its objects, but will not mark them as
  dirty (as it assumes that they are already committed), so even if you
  commit DC2 after the event is processed, it won't save anything to
  the DB.

  You will need to investigate what clustering options exist for the DB
  that you are using. IIRC there was a JavaGroups based solution for
  HSQLDB.

  Andrus