cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hjortsberg" <andreas.hjortsb...@x-change.se>
Subject Re: Docs and some questions
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:32:37 GMT
Hello and thank you all for your replies.
Yes, you are correct Andrus, my intentions are to use an ordinary dataContext, and the reason
is that my application must be able to work offline.

I looked through the code regarding JavaGroupBridge and it seems to me that it is a quite
straight forwarard to
get two or more  applications to talk to each other over a local network, and the different
datacontext will be updated etc..
The more diffucult thing to implement will be to add some logic to commit the changes on the
remote dataContexts to
their local databases.

In the perfect world I don't need to care about it, because the remote context  will be updated,
and next time someone commit the changes on their
datacontext the local database will update on a correct manner, but if a user refresh the
data before it comes comitted I
will lose the changes to this datacontext.

Now to my question; where should any of you add this logic? One could make sure that the client
application always commits changes before he does
anything. It does not feel like a good solution, though. Another approch would be to add another
static datacontext for the application, which will commit after any event has been received
through the JavaGroupBridge?

Regards
/Andreas