cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Pérez <ape...@hayesinc.com>
Subject How to use RelationshipQuery?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 03:58:59 GMT
Hi all,

I was trying to populate some Click CayenneForm things.  Coming from an
EOF world, I prefer to traverse relationships rather than run queries.
But many (all?) of the Click Cayenne integrations require SelectQuery to
function.  In looking around for a way to bridge this divide, I stumbled
across the RelationshipQuery thing in Cayenne 1.2.  But I couldn't
figure out how to use it.  What's an EntityResolver?  How do I get one?
How do I convert a RelationshipQuery into a SelectQuery?  Is this even a
sensible way to approach the problem?

An example use of the RelationshipQuery or a better suggestion would be
much appreciated,

tia,
arturo