cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Cayenne not taking account of PKs created by external SQL script
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:23:57 GMT
On Oct 19, 2006, at 11:17, Rashid Khan wrote:

> Is there any way I can make cayenne aware of the records that have
> been
> created manually?

You can update AUTO_PK_SUPPORT or pk sequence created by cayenne. You
should update this before inserting to grap a block of primary key
values just as cayenne does.

Or you could use cayenne to "manually insert" that record.

> Or better yet, can I get rid of Cayenne Auto PK support completely?

Take a look at database generated keys. Not all databases and jdbc-
driver support them.

  - Tore.