cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Problems with Derby, database generated primary keys and dataport
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:11:41 GMT
On Oct 4, 2006, at 01:38, √ėyvind Harboe wrote:

> Has anyone tried to use Derby & dataport for a table that has a
> database generated primary key in the destination?
>
> AFAICT, the primary key is not copied in this case, but rather the
> database generated primary key is kept.

I guess dataport does not know that it maybe should turn off the
generated key property while inserting. Are all the INSERT-commands
issued without setting a value for the generated column?

I realy do not know as I do not use generated columns that often.
(that is mainly caused by the psql jdbc driver not supporting it..)

  - Tore.