cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject Re: Cayenne web site design
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:18:02 GMT

On 02/10/2006, at 11:11 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Not necessarily.  I'm unaware of any rule that states you can't
> have multiple links to the same item in different places ;-)

I don't agree. I think there is a rule (an unwritten usability
principle) that says this is unnecessarily confusing. In FreeBSD
developers have a concept they call "principal of least
astonishment" (POLA). In other words, do things that will not
surprise your users.

Remember, the eye will take in the whole navigation structure very
quickly. Finding things will not be a problem since it is so short.
Anyhow, I'll try and implement as many of the ideas raised here as I
can without redesigning the site....

Ari Maniatis

ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001