cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Parent/Child Insert ordering (was: Caching problem?)
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:11:12 GMT

On Oct 9, 2006, at 9:43 AM, Borut BolĨina wrote:

> If db row "points" to the same db row then it would be cyclic (for
> example - someone is his/her own manager), otherwise just
> reflexive. Is this correct?

Ok, it is coming back to me... "multi-reflexive" simply means that
there are multiple different relationships between the rows of the
same table. So I wouldn't worry about single row pointing to self, as
it doesn't violate constraints on insert, but say you have R1 and R2
relationships within the same table (e.g. Category table;
parentCategory and relatedCategory relationships). There is a chance
that two or more rows will form a cycle: A -(parentCategory)-> B -
(relatedCategory)-> A.

Andrus