cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "DOMINGUEZ Felipe" <Felipe.DOMING...@eurocontrol.int>
Subject Database Generated Ids
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 07:13:27 GMT
Hello every body.

I am using Cayenne to query hsqldb.

On HSQLDB I have a few tables with an auto-increment  primary key. When
I manually enter data onto those tables the key generation works fine.

On the other hand cayenne always uses its own key generation, generating
PK with the support of table AUTO_PK_SUPPORT.

I did some research last night and I found out that I must set the
database custom adapter in the DomainNode adapter panel, so I set it to
org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.hsqldb.HSQLDBAdapter

But still, Cayenne uses AUTO_PK_SUPPORT

To use AUTO_PK_SUPPORT is not a bad idea, since it will keep it db
independent ( I believe) but still, I would really like to know how to
do it.

Could you please give a hint on what is going on?

Cheers

Felipe
____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the
sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from
your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of
EUROCONTROL, unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.