cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Rashid Khan" <rashi...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne not taking account of PKs created by external SQL script
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:17:02 GMT
Hi all,

I am using cayenne-1.2. I have noticed that when I add a new record manually
(using sql script) in my database, cayenne does not take into account the
primary key of that record. Let me explain this by giving an example.

Let's say I _manually_ created the following record in my report table which
has two columns: report_id and name.

report_id    |    name
200           |    report1

Now when I use cayenne to insert a new report, I get an exception saying
"duplicate key".

Is there any way I can make cayenne aware of the records that have been
created manually? Or better yet, can I get rid of Cayenne Auto PK support
completely?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rashid