cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Menard <kmen...@servprise.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne web site design
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 00:43:59 GMT
Hi Ari,

Apologies for not replying earlier.  All in all, this is a much improved
version.  I'm glad to see the varied feedback incorporated.  As usual
though, I have some things to note:

o "How Can I Help" should have a question mark to be consistent with
"Why Cayenne?"

o We should probably have the 1.1 documentation on the site.  This could
be marked as a legacy release.  1.2 is still fairly young, however, so
we should make it easy for those still using 1.1 to get appropriate support.

o In thinking about it more, it may make more sense to invert the
version order for the documentation.  Right now, the development version
is the first accessible one, although we should be promoting the stable
release for general use.

o "Getting started" is the only label that doesn't use capitalization
across all words.

o I'm thinking it may be worthwhile to have a whole section dedicated to
support.  This would have links to FAQs, commercial support, mailing
lists, and what not.

o "Contributors" seems like an informative topic and may be better
placed under "About" rather than "Collaboration."

o I still have mixed feelings on the main content.  It's definitely
improved, but for logical flow, it would seem to me that the modeler
would be better placed right after the description of what Cayenne.
Basically you'd go from what we are to what we can offer.  Throwing news
in the middle breaks that flow and makes the modeler section seem like
it's floating in no man's land.  On the other hand, pushing news to the
bottom obviously makes it harder to view.

Good work though.  I hope my observations can be of use.

--
Kevin