cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Dombrosky" <dom...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception with Tomcat's session restore capability
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:46:11 GMT
I am currently having problems when trying to use Cayenne 1.2 along
with Tomcat's (v5.0.28) session restore capability.  That is to say,
if I deploy new code and restart tomcat, it saves the session data
instead of starting with all new sessions when it starts up.

My problem is that I used to be able to restart and stay logged in
using version 1.1.  Version 1.2 seems to have problems with trying to
look up data after I have restarted Tomcat, and I get this stack trace
caused by a NullPointerException:

org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.ObjectStore.resolveHollow(ObjectStore.java:945)
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.prepareForAccess(DataContext.java:1842)
org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:238)

I couldn't find anyone else with this problem, so I assume I am doing
something wrong and it's not a bug.  Any ideas?

-Dave