cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Pérez <ape...@hayesinc.com>
Subject Re: PostgreSQL interval type handling?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 01:02:49 GMT
In article <93AA8947-C43F-42A7-8EA5-86629FBBF943@objectstyle.org>,
 Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> Hi Arturo,
>
> Yes, you'd need a custom ExtendedType to handle that. Those work just
> fine. So as long as you can figure out how to read and write
> "interval" via JDBC, you should be fine.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 20, 2006, at 11:20 PM, Arturo Pérez wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to use the PostgreSQL interval type in Cayenne.
> > Do I need to create a custom type?  If so, are there any gotchas?
> >
> > tia,
> > arturo

OK.  Turns out that the JDBC driver for PostgreSQL has a PGInterval
type.  I set the class attribute to that type
(org.postgresql.util.PGinterval) and the Java code was generated
correctly.  I haven't run it yet, though.  Is there anything else I
should do?

There any dragons lurking in there that I should be aware of?

tia,
arturo