cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Pérez <ape...@hayesinc.com>
Subject interactions with PostgreSQL sequences
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:46:53 GMT
Hi all,

Using cayenne 1.2, Tomcat 5.0 and pgSQL 8.1.4 on Linux.

I'm having a problem where sequence numbers are being reused
as primary keys.  I have everything in Cayenne set to defaults except
that I'm using the jdbc resource defined in the web.xml in order to
not have to set usernames and passwords for the various sites (desktop,
Q/A, production).

What I see is:
1.  Getting the nextval from the sequence yields 45, for example.
2.  The highest id is 59.

I'm guessing that Cayenne gets a 48 in the above situation, tries to
insert with a primary key of that value and fails with a duplicate.

I'm looking for ideas to debug, ideas on how likely it is that
Cayenne and the database have differing takes on what the next
primary key should be and things like that.

Help!
arturo