cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Site redesign (sans technical issues)
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 10:41:48 GMT
Borut and Ari,

Thanks a lot for offering help with site design! I also appreciate
the focus on usability. I'll comment about navigation in a separate
message, here is general comments on the design.

* I like the idea of having disjoint content modules
* I do not like the look of the preview (I understand this was just
to demonstrate the idea). We may need to come up with alternative skins.
* Officially we are called "Apache Cayenne", even though we are still
in the incubator. While we are at it, we may update the logo with the
word "Apache".
* In the header we may need to incorporate the incubator logo (to be
replaced with Apache official logo on graduation).
* All documentation (probably 70% of the entire site) is served via
Wiki. So it would be nice to come up with a common look between the
site and Confluence. Just to give a feel of what's involved, here is
a Velocity template used by Confluence auto-export plugin to render
static HTML contents:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/confluence-template.txt

* It would be nice to display at least the titles of the latest news
items on the front page.

Andrus