cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject News publishing [Was: Cayenne web site]
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:02:34 GMT
Currently the news are entered in the main space (CAY). We can
incorporate this on the front page via different means such as

* A custom Confluence template (not sure if it has enough flexibility
for a sophisticated branded look)
* A script that grabs news via RSS and builds the static page from that.

Like I said, I think the main issue is having a dedicated 'editor'
role. Currently I post news when a new release goes out. But it would
be nice if somebody who follows both lists and knows what happens in
Cayenne could log in to Confluence every once in a while and post a
short recap of the important events.

Say "cayenne 3.0 just added a callback mechanism that allows to
easily plug in business logic to the persistent object lifecycle,
bla, bla...". Essentially the things people normally blog about.

Borut has a nice blog (I speak two slavic languages and more or less
understand two more, so I can even pretend to understand a bit of
Slovenian :-)), maybe he can take on this task? ;-)

Andrus