cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Site structure redesign
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:17:53 GMT

On Sep 9, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Development and Issue Tracking don't
>> belong there in my opinion because of their technical natures.
>
>> We will try to pick the option that has two different focuses -
>> one for
>> newbies and lurkers, the other for users and experts.
>
> The site is also used by Cayenne developers. The is a place where I
> go when I want access to SVN, bug tracker, road map, etc. I am a
> user too! :-)

More on the site focus. Current site is essentially the Cayenne
portal that addresses the needs of these categories of users:

* Lurkers (so it needs to answer "why Cayenne?" on the front page)
* Newbies (so it has to provide easy logically organized access to
the docs)
* Power users (so it has to be a full reference on Cayenne)
* Developers (so it has to provide easy access to dev tools).

Does anybody think that there is a need and realistic possibility to
run another Cayenne site specialized on the user (and maybe
promotional) aspect? Until now I was under the impression that we are
talking about incubator.apache.org/cayenne/ and nothing else, and
given the resources, I don't know if it makes sense to split another
site.

Ideas