cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: MS SQL Server Unicode Support
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:15:11 GMT
I don't have much time to look into that now, but what we need to
investigate is what works at JDBC level. In the links you mentioned
before I don't see any references to JDBC behavior. Let's forget
Cayenne or EOF for a while. Just straight Java JDBC code.

* I.e. which one of the PreparedStatement syntax varieties work?

1. "INSERT ... N?" [bound as "XYZ"]
2. "INSERT ... ?" [bound as "N XYZ"]
3. "INSERT ... ?" [bound as "XYZ"]
4. Using Statement instead of PreparedStatement "INSERT ... 'N XYZ'"

* How all of the above behave on jTDS vs. MS drivers?

This is the basic info that we need to know to work on an adapter.

Also there maybe driver properties that control this behavior. E.g.
jTDS has "sendStringParametersAsUnicode".

Andrus