cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Exception with Tomcat's session restore capability
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:42:07 GMT
Then I misunderstood - the NPE happens not during deserialization,
but actually later when you access those objects from within a user
request thread. Never mind...

Now looking at the code, I tend to think this is a bug in Cayenne.

     public DataChannel getChannel() {
         return channel;
     }

should be

     public DataChannel getChannel() {
         awakeFromDeserialization();
         return channel;
     }

Could you confirm that? If that happens to be the case, I'd
appreciate entering a bug report. Also as a temp workaround until we
fix it you can call "dataContext.getEntityResolver()" at the
beginning of the request, as it calls 'awakeFromDeserialization'
internally.

Andrus